I loved Claire from the first moment I stumbled upon her blog. I was constantly inspired by the outfits she puts together and appreciated all the encouragement she gave me when I was completing my honours project. Her tumblr is now one of my favourite places to hang out - bath bench? Yes please. Without further ado, I introduce you to the lovely Claire...
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Blog name and link: Casual Ambiguity http://casualambiguity.tumblr.com
Tell us a little about your blog…. Until very recently I was blogging outfits over at blogspot, but I decided to switch it up this year, and expand my blogging horizons. Now I guess I'd say my blog is more of a lifecast, and a forum for me to share my stories and interests with people... It is just getting started, but I am super excited about it!
1. Can you remember the first friend that you made through blogging? Well the first blogger I communicated with really was a lady I bought some clothes off of on Etsy, whose blog I also loved to read. One day I tweeted about wanting to start a blog and she replied back saying I should... so I did!
2. Have you met any blog friends face to face? Yes! I went to the USA last year, and managed to meet two blog friends. Christina from Second Skin Style, who is the lady I was talking about above, and Amanda from the Upside of Wonder. Some other last minute attempts fell through, but the thought was there :) I also have met several local bloggers at a meet-up we had once. For such a small city, Adelaide has HEAPS of style bloggers!
3. What makes having blog friends important to you? I think people are super open to making friends on the internet, and it is always nice to know there are people out there to listen to you, joke with you, and share random facts with that IRL you wouldn't bother with! Plus I have a theory that people with blogs are heaps nicer than average!
4. Is there anyone that you cannot wait to meet or have plans to meet? Hmm I haven't thought about that for awhile... My girl-crushes change constantly, so ask me on any given day and I will be desperate to meet different people!
1. If a blog friend came to meet you in your home town what would you plan to do and see with them? I would definitely recommend blog friends visit Adelaide in Februrary/March, because the Fringe Festival is in town! I'd love to hang out in the Garden of Unearthly Delights with them, it's one of the most chilled out places I like to frequent this time of year. I'd also like to take them to the Gilles Street Markets for some old fashioned bonding over hunting for wardrobe bargains!
2.What do you imagine you would chat about? I think it really depends on the person. I'd be up for some 'blog chat' but after a couple of glasses of wine some girly chat would be fun too :)
3. What would be for dinner? We'd be eating out for sure, because I am not much of a cook...
4. What would your parting gift to them be? It'd have to be a secret! Although, when I visited my blog friends in the USA I gave them each an Aussie slang book, it was a great conversation starter, heehee.
Garden of unearthly delights -Source
Gilles Street Market - Source